How To Install OnStream APK on Android TV Box (Detailed Guide)
In case if you want to watch some movie or a tv show on your tv, you need a movie app and you’ll have to spend a few bucks for its subscription. Now, you don’t have to worry about the subscriptions as we have a free movie app called OnStream.
Every movie goer would love to spend their time watching a movie with their family and friends at home or in a theatre. We prefer to watch it over tv if we don’t have enough time to go to a theatre and it’s a known fact. If you would like to spend time with your family at home watching your favourite movie, continue reading this guide to know how to install onstream apk on android tv box.
Onstream is a great resource for the latest movies and tv shows to watch on your android tv. If you have any android tv box such as mi tv box, nvidia shield, or any other brand, let’s follow the below instructions.
Features That You Get With OnStream APK on Android TV Box
It is not a regular movie app but beyond that and you are going to have an amazing time with it for sure. Check out the features of the app shared below.
1. Timely Content Updates
Onstream will update the content on a regular basis. So, you won’t miss any new episodes of your favourite series or tv shows and movies as well.
2. Filter Content With A Click
It has various filters for you and you can use those filters to sort out your favourite content. You can watch movies and shows from various categories like Action, Thriller, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Anime, and Documentary, etc. You can also apply filters such as release year, caste and crew.
3. Customise Favourite Lists
Creating a list of our favourite movies helps us watch them anytime we want to watch them. By using the onstream app’s Watch List feature, you can create multiple favourites lists. So, you can add all your favourite movies and tv series to the favourites list easily and access all of them at one place.
4. Customise Subtitles Like A Pro
Customising the subtitles is truly a joy and you won’t see this feature in any other movie app. It allows you to change the font style and text colour to it. On the other hand, you can set a background to the subtitle text, increase or decrease the text size. There are a lot more options and I won’t reveal all of them here because I want you to try them on your own.
5. Player Customization
Video player customization options can be accessed under settings. You can change the default quality to be anything from Auto, FHD 1080p, HD 720p, SD 480p, SD 360p, etc. Moreover, you can change the default resize mode to anything between Fit, Fixed Width, Fixed Height, Fill and Zoom, etc.
You will get all these features across all your devices such as smartphones, pcs and firestick. If you haven’t installed it on your fire tv, consider reading the detailed guide to Install OnStream APK on Firestick.
Install OnStream APK on Android TV Box (Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Mi Box S / EasyTone T95 Super)
Before you install onstream apk on android tv, you need to know the fact that it is not available on the google play store. Don’t worry, you can actually sideload it to your android tv if you have an android tv box. Below are the steps to do it properly.
- Connect your android tv box to your android tv and make sure that it is connected to an active internet connection.
- Go to Settings on the home screen of your android tv.
- Navigate to Security and Turn on Unknown Sources option.
- This is a very important step in order to sideload onstream apk to android tv. If this option is not turned on, sideloading is next to impossible.
- Go to the search bar and type “ES File Explorer” and launch the app if you have already installed.
- If you haven’t installed it, you can install it now or use any other app such as Chrome, Puffin Browser or X-Plore File Manager, etc.
- Go to the bottom bar and tap “+ New” option to add a download task.
- Enter onstreamapk.com/download in the url (path) and type any name for the task and hit enter or press the Download Now button.
- The OnStream APK File on Android TV Box will be downloaded in the next few seconds.
- Once the file is downloaded, go to the Downloads section of the app/browser that you have used.
- Select the OnStream APK file and tap “OK” button using your android tv remote (android tv box remote).
- Select the option “Install” and press the ok button again to start the installation process.
- Once the apk file is sideloaded, you will see two options namely “Done” & “Open”.
- Tap the Open option to launch the onstream app on your android tv to watch some movies and tv shows.
If you do not know how to use the app on your android tv, you can follow the guidelines available below. Here is is a detailed post that outlines the installation process of OnStream APK on PC and you may read the guide to know the process.
How To Use OnStream App on Android TV Box?
Well, here is a step by step manual that outlines the usage process of the onstream app on your android tv box.
- Go to the home screen of your android tv box and launch the onstream application from there.
- Once it is launched, click the “Skip >” option underneath the signup option.
- On the home screen of the on stream app, you will be able to see a couple of movie recommendations.
- If you want to watch a tv show, navigate to the TV Shows menu at the bottom bar of the app.
- If you come across any of your favourite tv shows, mark them as your favourites and all the marked contents will be available on the Watch List section.
- When you don’t have an idea what to pick, you can use the search bar to find out your favourite movie or a tv show.
After selecting the movie or a show, simply press the “Watch Now” button. The app will start serving the content on your device without buffering and any kind of interruptions.
Conclusion - Download & Sideload OnStream APK on Android TV Box
Sideloading a third party apk file to your android tv box requires special permissions. To enable the permissions, navigate to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Use the x-plore file manager or ES File Manager to download the app from the url shared on this page and follow the steps to install it, it’s as simple as that.